Marriage/Civil Union/Domestic Partnership Certified Copy/License Info. and Applications
Instructions for requesting certified copies of a marriage, domestic partership or civil union certificate in person or by mail:
- Certificate: Must complete application, or submit signed letter containing full birth name of husband, full birth name of wife (before marriage), and date of marriage.
- Domestic Partnership and/or Civil Union Certificate: Must complete application, or submit signed letter containing name of partner A, partner B, and date of event.
Who may request your marriage, domestic partnership and/or civil union certificate:
- Yourself - Your spouse/legal-partner (relationship must be proved)
- Your legal parents - Your sibling (proof of relationship required)
- Your legal guardian - Your child (proof of relationship required)
- Legal Representation - Your grandchild (proof of relationship required)
Definition of valid photo identification: Legal document showing a photograph of the bearer, and must contain the following: signature, address, and birth date of the bearer. The ID must be issued by a government agency or organization. Ex: Photo Driver License
- Requests in Person: Valid photo ID as described above, OR Two or more alternate forms of ID, as described below
- Mail–in requests: Legible copy of valid photo ID as described above; the certificate will be mailed to the shipping address listed on your ID, OR Legible copy of two or more alternate forms of ID showing shipping address, as described below.
Alternate forms of ID:
- Non-photo Driver’s License - County ID
- Vehicle Registration - School ID
- Insurance Card - Utility Bill
- Voter Registration Card - Tax Return
- Passport - Letter from Government Agency - Green Card (Alien Card)
Click on the links below for additional information and applications