Recycling and Solid Waste Division
The Division of Recycling and Solid Waste is responsible for overseeing the various sanitation operations that Piscataway administers. This includes management of the Recycling/Trash Center (Mini-Dump), located adjacent to the public works building. The Division also performs trash cleanup of illegally dumped refuse within Township properties and right-of-ways.
The Recycling and Solid Waste Division provides the following services:
- Recycling/Trash Center (Mini-Dump): click here for schedules and for detailed information
- Grass coupon credits can be purchased now outside the DPW offices and added to the service card for one dollar ($1.00) per 30-gallon bag (supplied by the residents) for disposals starting May 1, 2021. Coupon credits purchased in 2021 may only be used in 2021; credits do not roll over to subsequent years. A minimum of two $1.00 purchases must be made with each transaction. Only checks or credit/debit cards are accepted for any purchases made through the DPW office. Checks should be made out to “Township of Piscataway.” The Piscataway Service Card acts as your ID and must be presented at the gate as proof of residency.
- Curbside bulk trash and branch pickup: click here for detailed information.
- Curbside leaf pickup & leaf bags: Biodegradable leaf bags will be available October 11th–December 16th at the DPW Yard Door #11, Mondays-Fridays from s 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. Credit for two free bundles of 20 leaf bags each will be included in each Service Card and the bags can be acquired by presenting your Service Card. Additional leaf bags may be purchased for $10 per bundle at the DPW office and credit will be recorded on your Service Card. Leaf bag curbside pick-up will commence on October 16th and will continue until December 30th. Leaf bags are for leaves only.
- Christmas/Holiday trees will not be picked up. Please take them to our recycling yard or to your local firehouse.
- Household trash within the Township of Piscataway is picked up through private trash haulers which residents must retain.
- Curbside recycling pickup is performed by the Middlesex County Improvement Authority. Household recycling is now single stream meaning that all items can be placed together in a can. Round 32 gallon plastic cans are provided by the Township for each residence. Additional cans are not available through the Township but may be purchased at a store. For more information, please visit the Middlesex County Improvement Authority. To get the Piscataway curbside recycling collection schedule once the Middlesex County Improvement Authority has updated its website, follow these instructions:
- Click here to go to the Middlesex County Improvement Authority website.
- Select "Curbside Schedules" from "Recycling" in left-side menu.
- Click "Piscataway" to get the Piscataway curbside collection schedule.
In the meantime, please click here for the 2022 curbside recycling schedule for Piscataway.
Residents noting any concerns under the jurisdiction of the Recycling and Solid Waste Division may call (732) 562-2390 or the Middlesex County Improvement Authority recycling hot line (800) 488-6242 for curbside recycling issues.