Fire Prevention Bureau
The Fire Prevention Bureau conducts fire prevention inspections of businesses and industrial properties. The Fire Prevention Bureau staff includes a Fire Marshal, Deputy Fire Marshal and a secretary.
Our six volunteer fire companies provide traditional firefighting services.
For businesses in Piscataway
The following forms are provided for commercial buildings in Piscataway:
- Certificate of Inspection application
- Fire safety permit application
- Registration form
- Request for Extension application
For food trucks
- Food truck fire safety application
- Food truck year round license application (to be filed with the Township Clerk's office)
- Food truck temporary one day license application (to be filed with the Township Clerk's office)
Hours of operation & contact information
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.-4:15 p.m. However, office hours vary because the staff is working at sites throughout the Township.
For additional information, please contact the Fire Prevention Bureau at (732) 562-2315 or FirePrevention@piscatawaynj.org.