Report Pothole On Piscataway Road

Fixing potholes_0

While many roads located within Piscataway are maintained by the Township, some are maintained by Middlesex County or the State of New Jersey:

  • For potholes on Township roads, please call the Township Public Works Department at (732) 562-2390.
  • For potholes on county roads, please call Middlesex County at (732) 940-3800 or click here.
  • For potholes on state roads, please click here.

To report pothole damage to your vehicle, please e-mail James Hercek at the following information:

  • Time, date and location of the incident
  • Photos of the damage
  • A copy of the repair invoice

Piscataway Township works throughout the year to keep our roads in good condition.  The most difficult and time consuming season to do so is the winter when sometimes potholes form after a thaw from freezing temperatures.  During the winter, potholes accumulate in such numbers that a crew can fill them almost daily.  However, how quickly we can fill a pothole is often dictated by the weather.

In the photo below is a Township patch truck which holds about six tons of asphalt and can maintain it heated up to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.