Must make reservations 24 hours in advance for local transportation to medical appointments, to grocery shopping, and to the Senior Center by calling 732-743-2218.
PISCATAWAY SENIOR CENTER TRANSPORTATION POLICY
- Piscataway senior center offers free daily transportation by bus from the homes of Piscataway residents 60 years of age and older to the senior center, shopping centers, municipal offices, banks, and other approved scheduled excursions.
- A medical transportation fee of $5.00 per one way trip ($10.00 round trip) will be charged for appointments that are scheduled using the township car/van for local doctors, hospitals or therapy. Advance reservations are required. Medical transport is also available from Middlesex County area transportation by calling 800-221-3520.
- Riders are required, prior to transport, to complete a membership form obtained from the office.
- Reservations for transportation are based on availability and the completion of a transportation intake form with a minimum of 24 hours notice.
- Telephone reservations can be made by calling 732-562-1133 between the hours of 8:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 8:00-11:00 a.m. on Friday with a minimum of 24 hours notice. Pick up times vary daily depending on the number of participants for that day.
- It is the responsibility of each rider to cancel their scheduled pick up if they are not planning on coming in. Transportation cancellation can be made by calling 732-562-1133 and leave a voice mail when the building is closed. Office hours are 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday, and 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m. Monday and Thursday, and Saturday 8:00 - 1:00 p.m.
- A handicapped vehicle with a lift maybe available upon request.
- Transportation pick-up is curb side only. Those riders needing assistance from their home to the curb will need to have someone available to assist them. The drivers are not permitted to assist riders from their home due to insurance limitations.
- Riders must be able to be independent in our program. Aides are welcome to accompany seniors who need extra care. The Senior Center does not provide this service.
Please click here for additional information on transportation for seniors in Piscataway