Animal Control Services
Piscataway Township's Animal Control and Sheltering are handled by the Township of Edison through a shared services agreement:
- Animal nuisance complaint investigations and inquiries
- Investigation of animal bites
- Quarantining and releasing animals involved in bites
- Picking up injured animals (wildlife, domestic)/ dead domestic animals (dogs or cats)
- Picking up wildlife inside of a resident's living quarters
- Picking up stray domestic animals (cats/dogs). Animal Control normally does not pick up stray cats however, since many pet cats are indoor/outdoor cats, they are given a chance to return home.
- Cruelty to animals complaint investigations (Any urgent cases of animal cruelty should be phoned into the NJSPCA hotline 800-582-5979.)
- Arrange for transportation of specimens to State Health Department Laboratory for rabies testing
For more information on any of the items listed above, please contact Edison Animal Control at 732-248-7278 during normal business hours 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. If you have an animal control emergency after hours, please contact the Piscataway Police Department at 732-562-1000.
Edison Municipal Animal Shelter Website CLICK HERE
VOLUNTEER CAT RESCUE & ADOPTION ORGANIZATIONS
Cattitude (732) 491-5696
Angel Paws (732) 340-1199
Karma Cat & Zen Dog (732) 568-4694